For any bodybuilder or athlete working hard to attain a new strength goal, only having a right diet plan may not be sufficient because you cannot prime your nervous system with food only. It is also not possible to contract muscle fibers harder with food only and this is where you need the help of workout supplements for taking your endurance level to the next stage. This further helps one to get the maximum benefit for the time spent in the gym.
Key ingredients of workout supplements
The health supplements are intended to give the extra push you require in the gym. But for a newcomer this circle may seem to be quite puzzling. With the array of ads that is showered on us claiming fantastic result in absolutely no time and the combination formulas; it becomes really difficult for anyone to select the best. One should therefore know the basic ingredients of the muscle building supplements and the followings will help you find what you need for your workout plans.
- Protein: This is the nutrient component of the workout supplements. This helps the body to have the extra nourishment needed for doing hard exercises at the gym. Taking one gram of protein for each pound of flesh will help you to build muscles.
- Caffeine: This is primarily an energy booster. It is found to enhance performance in endurance exercises and also in short but high intensity bouts like sprinting. Caffeine also helps to increase workloads by lowering the fatigue rate. While its optimal does is 200 to 500mg, you may need more if you are a regular caffeine taker than a person who is not habituated to it. You can play within the range to find what suits best.
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids: This ingredient of body building supplements fosters anabolic environment and have key role in regulating protein metabolism. BCAA includes leucine, isoleucine and valine and these are readily absorbed in the muscles for delivering quick energy by reducing the body fat accumulation and further protects against the catabolic environments produced during workouts.
- Beta-Alanine: This is another ingredient of the workout supplements that helps to enhance strength and endurance of the muscles, the basic requirements of doing exercises. It further improves the overall training volume by keeping the intensity up for a longer period.
- Creatine Monohydrate: When taken as a pre-workout supplement, this supplement ingredient of workout supplements can give you explosive strength. It drives fluids into the cells of the muscles and further helps to do heavier lifting for a long time.
How to have the right supplement?
With a plethora of opinions that vary distinctly, the supplement market has turned out to be a labyrinth and there is no dearth of claims by the manufacturers saying that their product is the best and urging using their product only. Unfortunately the FDA does not regulate the supplement industry like they do for medicines and therefore it is not possible to know the veracity of the claims. However, as an alternative, one may procure the supplements that are produced following good manufacturing practice. You should also consult your physician to ascertain if the supplement can fulfill your specific workout goal.
While a stimulant free supplement give you the desired boost without disturbing your sleep at night, most of the supplements help to change the way you feel as you think to be supercharged while doing exercises.